Monday, March 14, 2011

Playing store

Before: Store manager Kathleen had already primered the paneling and borrowed bookcases for me when I got there on Thursday.

After: Painted and at least partly filled, with a little help from my friends.
Something I've always wanted to do is have a little space in an antique mall, just a little corner all my own.
So when I found out that an antique mall maybe two minutes from my house had changed hands and spaces were up for grabs, I didn't waste much time.

I rented the smallest, cheapest space in the place and starting scrounging up things that had been sitting around my house taking up space -- the gorgeous 1930s art deco wall cabinet that never seemed to fit anywhere, the cow jumped over the moon clock that used to hang in the dining room, the old oak desk chair no one ever sits on.


1 comment:

  1. Mona, I have had a booth for years and I just love it! Once you get your house cleaned out you get to start buying stuff for your booth, that is when the fun starts......Now, go see if you can find those water slide decals LOL!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete